The scholarship assistance granted to any participant in this program is a loan not to exceed $5,000 based on individual educational need. Scholarship assistance will be in the form of an advance for tuition paid directly to the school in which coursework is being complete.
The applicant agrees to work as a nurse professional for CHRISTUS Shreveport-Bossier Health System for a minimum of (2) two years in a full-time capacity after graduation or repay the money awarded to the CHRISTUS Shreveport-Bossier Health System (CSBHS) Foundation.
- Eligible candidates must be enrolled in LPN, RN (ADN/BSN) or MSN program at an accredited college or university.
- The program must be one that will prepare the applicant for a position in the hospital within twenty-four (24) months.
- Eligible Candidates must have successfully completed the introductory period of 90 days.
- Eligible Candidates must be classified as eligible for full-time or part-time benefits at the time of application and at the time of reimbursement.
- Eligible Candidates current performance must be satisfactory or above.
- Eligible Candidates must be in good standing (no written or final warning within the past 6 months).
- Eligible Candidates must be on active employment status and not on a leave of absence for any reason.